WHY I DON'T WEAR BRAS

by - 1:57 PM









No, this is not a rebellious feminist act and no, I will not stop shaving my armpits.


As a young girl going through puberty there are certain events that happen and it just feels like a new era in your life has started. On top of the list entitled "The big events in the life of the not so big me ", standing right next to getting my period was getting my first bra.
I remember all of a sudden becoming aware of women's breasts. I would see models wearing gorgeous underwear in the magazines and their boobs looking all perky and beautiful and I would wonder- If I will ever be a woman like that.



In stores I would sneak away from my mom and look at the beauty of the lingerie dreaming of the day when I will have something to put in those bra cups. I was looking forward to boobs more than a fly to a pile of crap.



And then I got it. I was 12years and 8months old when a tiniest bra possible came packed in a red bag with a matching red ribbon. It was waiting for me gently placed on the table in my bedroom. And booooy was I excited. I put it on proudly, absolutely aware of the fact that I still don't have a proper amount of boob to put in it, but it didn't matter. Not even a little bit. 

I became a woman.
I was head over heals for this collection of wires covered up with some cloth, so in love with the fact that I was finally a woman that I neglected the comfort of a child.



Months turned into  years and my A cups turned into  C cups, my bras were getting prettier and more red and the larger they would get the more uncomfortable I would feel in them. Sometimes a wire would get out of the cloth and stab me right around the heart area. And I would just think of how ironic that is.
Wearing a bra and feeling the uncomfort literally got into my daily routine- I wouldn't even question whether not wearing bra is an option. I was a girl, a young woman and no one even spoke about going braless. Or when they were it was usually making fun of the old lady they saw in the tram on their way back home yesterday whose nipples were showing saying how gross that is.
 Being human, a woman in public, what a taboo!



And then it happened. I left the house without a bra. Unintentionally. Accidentally. Suddenly.
I realized it in the middle of class- I was moving a little to freely.
The first five seconds I was terrified in silence. Then I started being terrified out loud. I obnoxiously started asking my fellow girl friends if "You're are sure nobody realized?!?!"  and "Has this ever happened to you?!?!"and "Are you sure no one can tell when I have my jacket on???"
I felt awful in the beginning. I was 14 and braless. People will probably think I'm a prostitute or something.
As the minutes passed, so did my worries. 



I came to school next day- braless. Without any question. If my nipple were showing I didn't care. Not even a little bit.
I realized that I'm brutally torturing the boobies I've been waiting to have for years.
So I stopped. Intentionally. Suddenly. Whateverly.





With all my love, 
N






You May Also Like

0 comments